There’s a Runoff Election for the Primary Happening Right Now
Leon casino, When
You can Early Vote every day between now and Friday, May 20. Election Day is May 24, and polls will be open from 7 am to 7 pm.
Check out this handy dandy multilingual map from Harris Votes with a list of each polling location. You can vote at any one of these locations when you go to early vote. On election day itself (May 24) you have to vote at a specific location in your precinct (this is why early voting is more convenient!) You can find out the polling location in your precinct here.
You can also view your sample ballot, depending on if you’re voting in the Democratic or Republican primary runoff election. “But I want to vote for both!” you lament. We know, but you have to pick one because these elections determine who will be the nominee for either party, not one or the other.
Don’t forget: you need to bring a valid photo ID to vote! Below are all the forms of ID that will be accepted at the polls:
- U.S. passport book or card
- Texas driver license issued by DPS
- Texas Election Identification Certificate issued by DPS (FREE)
- Texas personal identification card issued by DPS
- Texas concealed handgun license issued by DPS
- U. S. military identification card containing the person’s photograph
- U.S. Citizenship Certificate or Certificate of Naturalization with photo
Not sure if you’re registered to vote? Don’t know who to vote for? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. Below are some trusty nonpartisan sources for you to find out everything you need to know. If you have any questions, just comment below!
Harris Votes for election information.
League of Women Voters of the Houston Area for voting guides in English and Spanish.
Rock the Vote for election and voting rights information.
Now go forth and vote!