Super Tuesday: Everything You Need to Vote
Today is the big day. It’s your chance to vote in the Republican or Democratic Primary for a handful of judges, the District Attorney, State Representatives and, of course, your pick for President. For those who have procrastinated, below is everything you need to vote today.
Where To Vote
Because today is election day, you cannot simply vote at any polling location. You have to go to the one in your precinct. To view your specific ballot and to find your polling location, enter your address here.
You can also take METRO for free today if you’re voting!
Polls are open until 7 pm. It will take you literally no more than twenty minutes to cast your ballot. Besides, your employer is required to give you two paid hours to go vote. No excuses!
When you go to vote, make sure you bring one of these forms of photo ID:
- U.S. passport book or card
- Texas driver license issued by DPS
- Texas Election Identification Certificate issued by DPS
- Texas personal identification card issued by DPS
- Texas concealed handgun license issued by DPS
- U.S. military identification card containing the person’s photograph
- U.S. Citizenship Certificate or Certificate of Naturalization with photo
Without a valid photo ID, you cannot vote. Don’t leave the house without it!
For any specific questions you have about voting, check out the Vote Texas frequently asked questions. If you’re asking, there is definitely an answer.
Happy voting, Houston!